Tuesday, January 18, 2011

ceramic taxidermy.

i've always had an interest in older, unique pieces. i don't like modern; i don't like art deco. my obsession with rare finds tends to parlay into an almost gothic side in my home decor.

love this bathroom. the freestanding tub, the brick walls, the exposed rafters. the antlers are such an unexpected twist and help pull together the urban lodge feel.
an ostrich. on the wall. insane.
i picked up this little guy at zgallerie.
super soft sheepskin area rug i have at the foot of my bed.
sitting room.

i'm still adding pieces here and there. blogger love maegan has an excellent post of her southwest take on the skulls-as-wall-hangings. restoration hardware has some gorgeous items, though a bit out of my price range. on my next trip to new york, i will definitely be revisiting the evolution store for their amazing selection of fossils, skulls (real and replica), taxidermy, etc. it's pretty touristy but cool nonetheless.

2 comments:

erin said...

these are kinda fun too...http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?subCategoryId=HOME-WALL-ART&id=970122&catId=HOME-WALL&pushId=HOME-WALL&popId=HOME&sortProperties=&navCount=155&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=011&isProduct=true&isBigImage=&templateType=
one of my clients told me about them. heads made out of recycled novels. just a little different frm the ceramic ones.
plus have you ever seen THESE
http://www.drseussart.com/taxi.html
SO freaky and awesome

pretty dagger said...

Ooh, I know, I was totally digging some of the Anthro ones but I'm going to try my hand at paper mache'ing something similar. Those Dr Seuss ones are wicked!!